"Faith Village" involves all 1st-5th graders learning through a rotational learning method!
Faith Village focuses on 1st-5th graders meeting in a different classroom each week during a rotational period. For a 4-5 week period of time one bible story or concept is studied. Each group rotates to one rotational workshop each week. Rotational workshops can include: bible knowledge, cooking, science, nature, drama, computer adaptation, kinesthetic movement, media production, puppets and more.
Faith Village Goals
The goals of our 1st-5th Grade Faith Village Program is to help children and parents to:
- feel comfortable using and reading the Bible - Old & New Testament
- Focus on one bible story/concept for 4-5 weeks thru the use of a rotational model
- Develop relationships with peers and adults participating in the program
- Serve others in the community and abroad through monthly offeringsand donations as well as hands-on service project
- Explore the Word and Sacraments, Ten Commandments, Apostle's Creed and Lord's Prayer
Faith Village 1st-5th Grade Overview
Abraham & Sarah - "The Promise Travelers"
"Won't You Be My Neighbor"
"Living the Catechism" (see information below*)
Living By God's Word - "Respect"
*"Living the Catechism"
Five Week Concentration on Luther's Catechism
1st Grade - Splash in the Spirit (Baptism)
2nd Grade - Practice in Prayer (Prayer & Lord's Prayer)
3rd Grade - Count on the Commandments (Ten Commandments)
4th Grade - Believe in the Creed (Apostles Creed)
5th Grade - Gather in Grace (Holy Communion)
We ask that parents/guardians review & assist with take-home activities, ask questions and pray for child & others.
"Education is life-long learning!"